Purpose: The Policy is designed to assure an informed and consistent process to evaluate legislative and policy issues that might warrant OEDA support or opposition.
- This Policy covers legislative and policy issues at the state or federal level. This could include legislative proposals, administrative procedures, ballot issue or other public policy issues.
- Proposals (for consideration) may be submitted by any OEDA member, staff or consultant.
- Proposals should be submitted to OEDA President or Policy & Programs Committee (P&P) (Co)Chairs, or OEDA staff.
- Proposals should generally be submitted in writing, so as to assure a clear definition of the issue as well as its perceived impact on economic development activities in a community, a region, or the state of Ohio.
- The Legislative (Co) Chairs, with the assistance of the Legislative Consultant, will review each proposal and determine if it warrants further consideration by the P & P Committee.
- The P & P Committee will be responsible for research into the background, rationale and impact of Proposals. Assistance can be provided by OEDA Officers, Board, staff or consultant in completing this research.
- Upon completion of research, the P & P Committee shall consider whether OEDA action is appropriate. This can include support or opposition, deferral for additional research, or decline to take a position.
- Action by the P & P Committee can be taken via conference call, email, or meeting.
- In the event that the Committee decides that a position is warranted, it will be submitted to the Board of Directors in the form of a resolution that identifies the issue, background, and specific rationale for support or opposition.
- The OEDA Board of Directors may take action on the resolution as it sees fit.
Please contact us at OEDA@assnoffices.com with any questions or requests related to legislative policies and procedures.